If you’ve forgotten your Omni Account password needed to sync OmniFocus with our Omni Sync Server, but you have a device that is still able to sync, then you can simply look up your current password instead of resetting it. Here is how to do this:
- Open OmniFocus 3 for iOS.
- Tap from the Home screen or sidebar to go to Settings.
- Tap Sync under the Database section.
- Tap Reveal Stored Password.
- Use FaceID, Touch ID, or enter your passcode (if prompted), and you should then see your current account password.
- Open Keychain Access.app.
- Type in “omnigroup” in the Search field.
- Look for an entry like this: https://sync.omnigroup.com|account_name|Omni Sync
- Double-click on a matching entry.
- Click the Show Password checkbox, and enter your Mac’s user account password when prompted.
- You should now see the current account password.