macOS Sierra was released on September 20, 2016. All of the releases below offer support for newer OS features like Universal Clipboard and Tabbed Windows. Here are the initial releases to offer compatibility with macOS Sierra 10.12:
- OmniFocus 2.7 for Mac includes fixes for minor Sierra compatibility bugs.
- OmniGraffle 6.6.2 for Mac is fully compatible with Sierra 10.12.2, along with OmniGraffle 7.0.
- OmniOutliner 4.6 for Mac is compatible.
- OmniPlan 3.5.1 for Mac fixes a problem with dragging in the Task and Resource Views in version 3.5 under Sierra.
- OmniPresence 1.5 for Mac adds the Desktop and Documents folders to the list of unsupported synced folder locations as these folders can be synchronized via iCloud Drive on macOS Sierra.
Last Compatible Updates
Since this article was initially published, the latest versions of our applications now require newer versions of macOS in order to run. If you’re not able to update your computer past macOS Sierra, you can locate download links for older compatible releases from our Downloads page.
Here are the final versions of each of our apps that supported macOS Sierra:
- OmniFocus 2.12.4 for Mac
- OmniGraffle 7.8.2 for Mac
- OmniOutliner 5.3.4 for Mac
- OmniPlan 3.10.4 for Mac
- OmniPresence 1.5.2 for Mac
We haven’t extensively tested previous versions of our applications on macOS Sierra, but we do know that:
- OmniOutliner 3 (originally released in 2005 for Mac OS X OS 10.3 Panther) is incompatible due to underlying OS changes in Sierra. Existing customers are eligible for discounted upgrade pricing for OmniOutliner 5.
- OmniPlan 1 (originally released in 2006 for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger) is incompatible due to underlying OS changes in Sierra. Existing customers are eligible for discounted upgrade pricing for OmniPlan 3.