With the release of macOS High Sierra, we’ve been working on compatibility updates for our currently-shipping apps to make sure we’re ready. Here’s our latest:
- OmniFocus 2.11 for Mac includes fixes for High Sierra, and requires macOS Sierra (10.12).
- OmniGraffle 7.4.3 for Mac is a minor update with High Sierra bug fixes.
- OmniOutliner 5.1.2 for Mac contains fixes for High Sierra.
- OmniPlan 3.7.3 for Mac is a minor update with High Sierra bug fixes.
- OmniPresence 1.5.2 for Mac is good to go.
We haven’t extensively tested previous versions of our applications on macOS High Sierra, but we do know that:
- OmniFocus 1 (originally released in 2008 for Mac OS X OS 10.5 Leopard) is incompatible due to underlying OS changes in High Sierra. Existing customers are eligible for discounted upgrade pricing for OmniFocus 2.
- OmniGraffle 5 and OmniGraffle Professional 5 (originally released in 2008 for Mac OS X OS 10.5 Leopard) are incompatible due to underlying OS changes in High Sierra. Existing customers are eligible for discounted upgrade pricing for OmniGraffle 7.
- OmniGraffle 6: Stencil previews are not shown when using the Grid or List view modes in the Stencil Inspector. Depending on the stencil, the Canvas view mode (leftmost icon) may display better results.
- OmniGraffle 6: Exporting as “Current Selection” to image formats such as PNG may produce offset or truncated images with a black margin. PDF export is unaffected.
- OmniOutliner 4: at least one customer has had trouble getting High Sierra’s Sandbox layer to allow the app to access locations where file attachments that have been linked into a document are located. This presented itself to the customer as the app hanging when attempting to close those documents.
- Some customers are not seeing QuickLook previews for their Omni documents. This affects multiple apps and is most frequently (but not exclusively) reported by customers who have updated to High Sierra.