Our iOS apps have a built-in crash reporter that appears when reopening an app after a crash has occurred, which our Support Humans can refer to when helping troubleshoot any issues with our apps. In some cases, a crash may occur that can’t be captured by reporter. When this happens, there are a few other options for retrieving these crash logs to help us look into your issue further.
Emailing crash logs directly from your device
- Open Settings.app.
- Tap Privacy, then scroll down and tap Analytics.
- Tap Analytics Data.
- Locate the log for the app that crashed. The filename will use this format:
- Tap the crash log to open it.
- Email the crash log to the Support Human you were working with:
- iOS 11 and later: While viewing the crash report, tap the Share icon and tap Mail, and email the attached log to us.
- iOS 10.3: While viewing the crash report, and hold then drag to select the text in that report, then tap Copy from the contextual menu. Paste the copied text into Mail, and send that to us.
Syncing with iTunes to retrieve iOS crash logs
- Connect your iOS devices to iTunes, and sync it.
- After syncing, open the Finder and navigate to the following folder:
Look for any crash logs in this directory with our application in the filename, and attach them to your email response.
*Note: this method can only be used if you have Xcode installed on your Mac.
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac with a sync cable, then open Xcode.
- Select Window ▸ Devices from the Menu Bar, or use the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-2.
- Under the Devices section in the left column, locate and select your device.
- Click the View Device Logs button under the Device Information section in the main application window.
- Locate a crash with our app’s name in the Process column. It may help to sort this list alphabetically by clicking the Process header. Also, ensure that the search scope at the top of this list is set to This Device, and not All Logs.
- Right-click (or Control-click) the log in the left column and choose Export Log to save it.
- Attach the crash log to your response.